What the Heck is Buffer Account?

6:59 PM Cindy 3 Comments


One afternoon, I was busy browsing my Facebook account when I read a post from my friend Jethro (jethrosas.com). He posted something about emergency fund and buffer account. Curious about the meaning of the latter, I sent him a message asking him about it. He quickly replied and explained to me the meaning of buffer account.

As per Jethro, it is a spare money equivalent to my monthly income. If there’s a delay in my salary, I can use my buffer account to pay my bills on time without stressing myself or worst lend money to someone. Of course, the latter scenario is a big no, no.

After our conversation I'm eager to start and save for my buffer account next pay day. I guess I need to extend my shopping banned for two to three months to achieve it. Boo! Oh well I can do this!

I am no expert in this financial field, but I believe if I will start saving now I can have a debt free life and retire early.

What about you? Do you have a buffer account? How much are you willing to save for it? Share your opinion on the comment section below.

Photo Credits: Pixabay.com, Canva.com

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Special mention at promotion pa sa blog ko haha! Thanks Cindy!

    At naunahan mo pa kong gumawa ng post about it. Ma-share nga to sa fb ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Salamat sa mga financial wisdom ang tips mo Jet. :D Bisita ka ulit dito sa blog ko ha. Hehehe.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cindy. Mine is not a buffer account. I call it a general savings account. This is separate from my emergency fund. My general savings account acts as a short term emergency account.

    ReplyDelete