The reason behind why I applied for our own Meralco connection

10:15 PM Cindy 4 Comments


I mentioned here in my previous post which you can read on Life lately: December 2015 about my struggle err stress last month about processing papers for our residential connection at Meralco. Finally December 30th, the guys from Meralco successfully connected our very own sub-meter! Hooray, we can now save up our electricity consumption! Haha.

You might be wondering where do we get our electricity before?! Okay, I will explain it briefly to you. We used to connect to my aunt's electricity line. They have their own Meralco connection and we're like an add-on to them. Do you get me? I hope you do because it is very hard for me to elaborate it furthermore. Haha. Anyhow, we have our own electric meter installed in our house. My auntie would do the reading every month for the number of energy we consume.

The bad side of not having our own electricity connection is that the power rate is higher compared to having one. My auntie gives us 13 pesos - 16 pesos for kilowatt per hour. For example, if we consume 70 kWh multiplied that to 13 PHP per kWh then our electricity bill can cost 910 pesos. The amount is freaking high right?! We only have few appliances at home such as:

  1. 1. tv;
  2. 2. 3 electric fans;
  3. 3. a washing machine which we use once a week;
  4. 4. 5 CFL;
  5. 5. 1 fluorescent light.

Well, I'm totally cool with that kind of set-up until I realized that having our own electrical connection is the right thing to do. So I opt to apply for our very own Meralco connection! Right now I am eager to know how much our total bill will cost me. Hehe.

Please stay tuned for my entry because I will explain the steps and the needed requirement for applying for residential electrical connection. And of course I will also list down the costs.

Updated: If ever your planning to apply for Meralco owned submeter, you can read my experience and the steps that I took here

Photo Credits: apps.meralco.com.ph, Canva.com

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a wise move, Cindy. Mahirap maki-add on, buti sana if fixed ang bayad mo sa auntie mo. When I was still living in a boarding house, water and electricity were already included in my rent and it suited my monthly budget back then. Mas okay pa rin ang may sariling metro. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, excited na nga ako matanggap ang first monthly bill namin sa kuryente. Hehe. Titingnan ko kung gaano kami makakatipid now na nagsolo na kami. Hehe.

      Delete
  2. same situation as mine. kami nga 20 pesos per kw. so pag nag consume kami ng 50kw/ mo 1K na agad un. i hope sana maka pag pakabit din ako ng sariling linya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kae, pakabit ka na. Madali lang nman lakarin!

      Delete