September & October Life Updates: Upwork Deactivation, Stocks & Birthday Plans!

11:48 PM Cindy 8 Comments


Hi, everyone! It's been a month since you haven't heard about me. Gosh, I missed blogging! I took time off because of my freelance job took more of my schedule. But now I am back and will be more active here (hopefully).

I have so many stories to share with you guys let's start off with my stupid action that I did on Upwork. This is sad news because my account has been deactivated permanently on the website. Here's the story: 

I message one of my clients to work outside of Upwork; little did I know that our conversations are filtered by the web admin. I received a notification that I got banned because I violate their "terms and conditions". I have panic attack when I read their email because I haven't cashed out my money there.

I am really scared that I will no longer transfer the funds to my local bank account. I thought all of my hard works and sleepless nights will put to wastes. Luckily, I can still access my profile and I wasted no time cashing out the money. A sigh of relief is what I felt when I see the money from Upwork reflected on my bank account. No more freelance job for me now, therefore, more time to blog! Haha.

I plan to use the money that I got to buy color paints. Do you remember my house renovation stories which I shared on houserenovation update 1 and house renovation update 2? It is not completed yet because I run out funds but now I have the budget to do it. So yeah, I'm still thankful after a series of unfortunate events from Upwork. 

Anyhow, one of my friends told me to try Freelancer.com. I signed up an account but I'm not that active on looking for side line right now because I got exhausted juggling 3 clients last month. I plan to rest for now and focus on my full time job.

If you're an avid reader of my blog, October is special month to me because I will be celebrating my birthday. Aside from using the funds on beautifying our house, I will also treat myself by buying new shoes, bags or perhaps make-ups that are still amenable to my budget. I will be turning 17th years old guys!!! LOL. Okay, I'm just joking. I'm 17 years old 10 years ago. Just do the math and you'll get my current age but shhhhh it's our secret.

With my updates on my stocks, to be honest, I haven't put attention to it these past few months but I'm surprised that I earned a cash dividend when I logged in into my COL account today. 

Overall, there is more good news than bad news that happened to my life while I'm away here. What about you? What happened to your life during the month of September and this month in terms of work, budget or whatnot? Share your stories at the comment box below. I want to read them! 

Photo Credits:
Pixabay.com: https://pixabay.com/en/woman-girl-people-female-hand-792162/
Canva.com


8 comments:

  1. My Upwork is not updated nowadays. Ang hirap na kumuha ng sideline dahil dun sa bagong policy nila na 90% work completed dapat. Anyway, I hope everything will be ok soon. Blog-blog ka na muna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis! Nagmove on na ko after mabanned ang account ko. Syempre may hint ng panghihinayang pa rin kasi sayang yung profile ko dun. 5 stars pa nman feedback ng mga client ko. Anyways, mukhang tama ka blog blog muna nga ako from now on. Hehe. God bless sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Advance Happy 17th birthday sis! Hay parang kaylan sinabi ko rin yan nung birthday ko na I'm 18 years old 10 yrs ago, heheh at ngayon 41 yrs old na ko, ambilis panahon. Inggit lang ako sa yo sis, maaga kang nag prepare financially.
    Buti nakuha mo pa rin yung earnings mo bago ma-deactivate ang account mo. Lalo tuloy akong naging curious sa online jobs, I hope makahanap din ako magsasara na kasi company namin.
    Tama yan sis, relax & reward yourself muna, excited ako makita ang house renovation mo, di ko kasi magawa yan e. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis, thank youuu! I highly recommend pa rin Upwork sis kahit na deactivate ako dun. Try mo minsan gawa ng account tapos inavigate yung website nila. Hehe.

      Delete
  4. Upwork is oDesk before, right? May account ako dun dati, pero di ko pa ulti na-access. No time for freelance ako ngayon, busy-busyhan kasi, haha. Sayang naman you account. Next time careful ka na, email mo na lang para kayo lang magkakaalaman. October celebrant din ako kaya batiin na rin kita ng happy birthday, Cindy!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, odesk is upwork now. Sayang nga sis kaso may pagka'shunga talaga ako nung time na yun at di ko naisip na imessage na lang sa personal mail ng client. Hehe. Anyways, lesson learned na rin eto sa akin. Salamat sa bday greeting sis!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about upwork sis. But I'm glad you're back. ;) Di pa ako nakakapagblog ulit, pero soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited na ko sis sa update mo dun sa house project nyo ng hubby mo. I bet super ganda ng kinalabasan nun.

      Delete