How to Open BPI Maxisaver & Why I chose it over BDO

10:16 PM Cindy 3 Comments

Hi beautiful creature and that’s– YOU! Claim na natin yan mga ka’sis and brother kasi lahat naman tayo e likas na magaganda at gwapo. Haha. Anyhow, I mentioned in my previous post about cashing out my money on my BDO savings account and putting them on BPI Maxisavers

Why I came up with that decision? My answer is simple; it is because of the interest rate that I can earn with BPI Maxisavers which is a bit higher than BDO and convenience. My company payroll is under BPI, therefore, you get the whole picture. Connecting the two account online means it is easier for me to transfer funds from my payroll account to Maxisaver. The table below is the interest rate on BPI Maxisaver:

Photo grabbed from: https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/p/1/326/deposit-rates-savings-and-checking

Opening an account on BPI for a Maxisaver account is easy. You will need to bring the following requirements to your desired BPI branch:

1.    A 1x1 photo
2.    Two valid ID. I brought my unified SSS ID and company ID
3.     Initial deposit. If I remember correctly my initial deposit that time is more than 50,000 pesos. The customer service representative asks me if I also want an ATM with passbook but I told her that I’m fine with having an ATM only.

Bonus tips: Prepare the following information below because you will need them to complete filling-up the BPI Maxisaver form:

1.    SSS number
2.    PAG-IBIG number
3.    TIN number

After you complete the necessary forms, you will wait for 3 days before getting your BPI ATM card.

Once I got my ATM account, I didn't waste time and linked my BPI Maxisaver to my BPI online account. Here are the steps that I did to do this:

1. Go to BPI Online Official Website
2. Log-in to your account
3. Once logged-in go to:

My Portfolio>>Enroll Additional Accounts

Photo grabbed from: https://www.bpiexpressonline.com

and tick the box "Savings and Checking Account (with ATM card or Info Card)" then click the "Continue" button. You will prompt to this page:

Photo grabbed from: https://www.bpiexpressonline.com

Fill up the necessary information, click "Submit" and you're good to go!

I'm claiming that this 2018 I can and will achieve my goals of having an emergency fund, you can read my 2018 recycled and new goals by clicking the link. I am so excited!

If you are asking what will I do with my BDO savings account, I will still keep it and planning on putting my buffer funds there.


How about you? Where do you put your savings? Is it in the bank too? Share your experience by writing a comment below. I would like to read them.




3 comments:

  1. run through your blog post and i am definitely can relate!
    Hope to see more post of your kuripotadventure!!!
    http://blognigigi.blogspot.com/2017/04/reasons-why-you-are-not-satisfied-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have more than 50,000 pesos as your savings/emergency fund. I hope I have the same amount of money. Congrats Cindy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku Jet, magtigil ka mas marami kang e-funds dyan kesa saken at madami ka ring investment. Kaw kaya ang idol ko! Hehe.

      Delete