Why I am Ditching Hair Rebond and Color Treatment

10:13 PM Cindy 4 Comments

I have a natural wavy hair, and I admit having them rebonded like many times to achieve a silky straight hair. I first rebonded my hair when I was in my fourth year college until when I was working on my first job. Every December when I received my 13th month pay, you will see me on the salon to get my hair fixed.

Aside from that I also like to color my crowning glory using hair dyes. I often buy two boxes of hair colorant products to dye my hair because I have long and thick hair. But this year I am eager to ditch these hair treatments!

I summed up my expenses and the total amount surprise me with horror. It is too much! I felt like I'm wasting my money down the drain. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against people who love these treatments for their self-beautification. It's okay to do this as long as you can afford it, then go for it! No one will stop you but I am merely speaking for myself and ways to save more from my monthly paycheck.

Saying adieu to hair rebond is easy because I learned to love my natural hair two years ago. While the hardest is giving-up coloring my hair. I have two shallow reasons why it is difficult for me. First, it can lighten my skin, and lastly braids looks appealing if I have a colored hair. I know, I know it's too funny right?!

Thankfully, I am more determine to save this year. I think of it as a little sacrifice to give way to my brighter future. How about you? What are the small or big things you gave up or sacrifice for the sake of saving? Share your opinion below.

Photo Credit: Pixabay.com, Canva.com

4 comments:

  1. I've given up on rebonding a long time ago. Ayaw sumunod ng hair ko, may sariling pag-iisip. After 3 days at babasain na sya, pagkatuyo ulit, balik na sa dati. I've tried the cheap versions to the expensive ones, same effect. Sabi ko ayaw ata talaga, okay fine, I'll just love my wavy hair for what it is. At okay na okay naman pala talaga, kasi tipid ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheap version lang din yung na avail ko for hair rebonding dati although it cost me 1k pa rin. Tama talagang dapat mahalin natin ang kung anong meron tayo lalo na kung wavy ang hair mo. Hahaha. Thank you po sa pagbisita sa blog ko Ms. Edel. :)

      Delete
  2. I have pretty straight hair but because of rebonding and hair color treatments in the past, my hair now looks frizzy. Gustung-gusto ko ng magpa-treatment pero dahil hindi ito priority, I curl my hair na lang. Yung no-heat curls para hindi masyadong halata na bumubuhaghag na ang buhok ko. AT salamat nauso ang OMBRE, parang "in" parin kahit nasa dulo na yung kulay ng buhok ko. Hehe. Tiis muna. Luxury na sakin yung magpa-treatment every after 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buti nga nauso yung ombre kasi nga ganun din yung buhok ko nung tumubo yung natural hair. Hahaha. Sa ngayon quit ko muna yung hair treatment at color sis kasi nagtitipid pa ko pero if nakaluwag luwag baka magbalik loob ako. Hehe.

      Delete